Thursday, June 2, 2011

Glamourdoll Galore! (Part 7, Yellows!)

She was a Gold Digger of a Trophy Wife who lived in her Doll House, and sat in the sun sipping Electric Lemonade.

So i think it's safe to say that even though it's summer "break" i still don't have as much time or motivation as i'd like to keep up this blog! So give me some motivation guys! Tell me what you want to see! What brands, or what type of products you want to see!

I have been doing my youtube videos, though they're not really beauty related yet! I'm planning a review on some things i got in my Luxe Box! Those are skincare products, and a Chinaglaze polish, and i also have some newish Lush products if you'd like to hear about those! :)

Hookay! On to the yellows! there's only 4 in this group!

Here'sLINK to my first Glamour Doll Eyes post!.. it shall tell you all you need to know!

- Trophy Wife * - This is true true gold! It may lean a tinge greenish on some skin tones, but on most, is shows like powdered gold! It is darker than traditional "gold" shadows, but gold shadows rarely look like the precious metal. this one does! This is one of the most opaque colours i've seen from her! 

- Electric Lemonade * - Shimmery bright yellow! I think there is a bit of a matte base, but it really is a shimmer/frost finish. Think Hufflepuff yellow, in shimmery form! (yes, i'm a nerd)

- Doll House * - Shimmery lighter yellow. Like a frosty yellow with blue sparkle in it. Quite cute!

- Gold Digger * - Lighter slightly more muted gold colour with a frost finish and i think i detect a bit of pink shimmer thrown in there! but not too much.

* Colours makred with an "*" are vegan!

>Midterm Exam!
These exams will be a touch different since I didn't buy the full-size jars of every colour, and also, i'm reviewing one colour family at a time. I'll score the product as an overall rating, according to the range of colours in this particular family, and also the overall quality. I'll score the value according to the price of full jars. I'll score the packaging according to how well they were packaged for shipment. And finally, i'll score ease of use
 according to use out of the plastic baggie, but otherwise normally.

Product: 45/60
Value: 18/20
Packaging: 8/10
Ease of Use: 8.5/10

>Did they pass?

 There's only 4 different yellows, so they lost points there. I'd love to see more variety. Like mustard yellows and greenish yellows etc. And more variety in the finishes too! these are all shimmer/frost. I'd love a great matte yellow! So overall these got a 79.5%

>Photos time!

The colours look a tad bit washed out, its just because they're mostly shimmer colours and my remote flash was NOT having it.


Tell me what your favourite yellow/gold shadow is!

- Kai


Disclaimer: I am in no way compensated, paid, sponsored or associated with the company(s) mentioned. I bought and paid for the product(s) with my own money. All reviews I make will be my own opinion outside influence.



No comments:

Post a Comment