Friday, January 7, 2011

GlamourDoll Galore! (Part 1, whites through blacks)

Swatches and colour descriptions and reviews!


For when you're Incognito, but Makin' a Scene, in your Skinny Jeans, carrying a Pistol, on Ladies Night...you're Urban Trash.


So I JUST received my GlamourDollEyese eyeshadows that i ordered! Woot! I ordered her whole permanent collection in sample baggie sizes. (They're $1.50 each, or $60.00 USD for the entire collection, look HERE to see all she has to offer!)  I was so excited about getting them that i swatched and photographed all of the 103 colours today! 



To recap, I bought the permanent collection in sample baggie sizes, and also one glitter, also in sample baggie size. She also tried to include 2 free samples with every order. 


First off, the individual colour descriptions/reviews. I may not give an in-depth review on each, because there are so many, but I'll do my best to tell you guys which have great pigmentation, which should probably have a base under them, etc. 


For this section, (Part 1,) I'll review the whites through the blacks.


>Cloud Cover* - Pure matte white. The swatch is bad because for the first photo, i used my finger to swatch, which i soon learned is a bad idea for these. It will show better on a base, and ever better on a white base. I'd use a base for all the matte colours, it will show less patchy and have more even coverage. 


>Disco White* - Matte white, with great aqua glitter! The glitter is superfine, but there still might be issues with it showing well on the lid, or fallout, so a base would probably be a good idea.


>Angel Wings* - A pearl finish white with just a teensy bit of a purpley pink sparkle in it. I don't think a base would be absolutely necessary for this if you just want a wash of colour, but it may show the purple/pink sparkle better. (in my books, sparkle is a finer particle than glitter, just so ya know!)


>Sterling Glitz* - Silvery white that seems to be mostly shimmer with just a touch of a white base colour. This is awesome for a dramatic highlight colour, or for an all over the lid, with a deeper colour in the crease.


>Katie's Storm* - Warm grey, that yes, looks like a storm cloud with a bit of silvery sparkle. This colour seems like its super buildable if you have the right tools. No base for a wash, and use a base for a deeper, moodier feeling.


>Rocket - Really a unique, hard to describe colour. I suppose i'd call it a cool-toned grey... definitely has some blue and purple in the mix, but its really muted. It also has some silvery gold sparkle. I LOVE this colour, even when its baseless and isn't so pigmented. I don't really know how i'd use this yet though. Its just one of those colours that's super fun to play around with.


>Makin' a Scene* - Darkish grey, with shimmer/frost finish... I'm actually tempted to say that the shimmer part is greenish? The site just describes it as "metallic silver" but i think that it's much more complex than that. Its one of those colours that everyone will describe differently, as their eye sees it i think. But i do love it! maybe as a crease colour for a wearable look?


>Skinny Jeans* - Darkish red based grey with green shimmer. I quite like this one. Its a playful colour without being "InYourFace" about it. Again, as with the other greys, i don't think as base is Necessary, but you'd definitely get a different effect with it.


>Incognito* - A dark neutral grey with what looks like green, gold and a bit of red shimmer in it. A nice switch from just plain-jane frosty greys. I find this grey has the most colour playoff out of them.


>Pistol Pistol* - Wholly wow Batman! In the bag, this looked like it was just a flat dark grey with some shimmer. But whoa, when i swatched it, its so pigmented, with great colour payoff. And its a much more complex colour than i had first thought. It's  darkened grey, almost gunmetal (appropriately enough,) with multi-coloured shimmer, but predominantly red. the result is an eye-catching darkness with a flash of colour!


>Ladies Night* - This is a fun colour! Its a matte black base with aqua glitter in it. The glitter might not stick as well as the matte black though, so you may want to use a base with it, and take extra care to watch out for fallout.


>Urban Trash - Velvety matte black. It applied evenly without a base, but for more colour payoff, use a dark base, or a nude base.


* Colours marked with an "*" are Vegan!


>Midterm Exam!
These exams will be a touch different since I didn't buy the full-size jars of every colour, and also, i'm reviewing one colour family at a time. I'll score the product as an overall rating, according to the range of colours in this particular family, and also the overall quality. I'll score the value according to the price of full jars. I'll score the packaging according to how well they were packaged for shipment. And finally, i'll score ease of use according to use out of the plastic baggie, but otherwise normally.


Product: 48/60
Value: 18/20
Packaging: 8/10
Ease of Use: 8.5/10


>Did they pass?
Yep! 82.5% for these colours!


>Photos Time!


p.s. these shadows are super hard to photograph to get their true colour. They don't look as stunning in these photos as they do in person!




















Disclaimer: I am in no way compensated, paid, sponsored or associated with the company(s) mentioned. I bought and paid for the product(s) with my own money. All reviews I make will be my own opinion outside influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment